Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Work Scribbles October 12th, 2010

So, in the interim between graduating from AIS and starting at SMU, I'm working at Ocean Spray in Grays Harbor.  I work as a Scalar, which is essentially a cranberry accountant.  I sit at a desk on the production line and weigh cranberries into totes (crates), then crunch numbers to find out how much the growers end up getting paid.  Anyways, today we were running really small crates and it was incredibly slow, so I started drawing on the only thing available to me at first, post it notes.  Albeit, pink, heart shaped ones.  At first I was doing single note drawings.....the seal-like wookie, the creepy cranberry, and the view of the production line.  Then I drew an eye and decided to continue onto another post it.  This continued to a point, at which time it seemed like a good idea to transfer them to a sheet of paper, so I flipped over an unused log-sheet, re-assembled the notes, and sketched a little more before the line sped up.  Anyways, here it is, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment